Top NATO general says Ukraine holding line against Russia
Digest more
Top News
Impacts
The ball regarding a Ukraine ceasefire is in the Russian court, NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte said on Friday after meeting with NATO foreign ministers in Brussels.
From U.S. News & World Report
A Russian Shahed drone struck a residential area of Kharkiv late Thursday, killing five people and injuring 32, according to Mayor Ihor Terekhov.
From Newsday
Read more on News Digest
NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte told CBS News' Margaret Brennan that "Russia really has to do more to bring this war to an end."
Whether the Kremlin is serious about peace talks to end the Ukraine war will become clear soon, the secretary of state said.
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — A Russian ballistic missile strike Friday on the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih killed at least 14 people and injured more than 50, Ukrainian officials said, as U.S. and European leaders pressed Russia to accept a ceasefire in the conflict.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio revealed on Friday that he had met with an envoy for President Vladimir Putin this week and sent him back to Moscow with a message: the clock is ticking on when there needs to be a breakthrough in the peace talks to end the Ukraine war.
NATO allies remain committed to the decision made at last year's Washington summit, where they affirmed that Ukraine's path to NATO membership is irreversible. However, Ukraine has never been promised that NATO membership would be part of a peace agreement.
Explore more
Moscow praises Trump for "preventing World War 3," U.S. officials reassure NATO and analysts warn of renewed Russian offensives.
Republican Rep. Michael McCaul called out members of his party behind closed doors this week for parroting Russian disinformation and Russian President Vladimir Putin’s talking points, a source in the room told CNN.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - NATO allies have pledged more than 20 billion euros ($21.65 billion) in military support for Ukraine in the first three months of the year, NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte said on Wednesday.
A Russian ballistic missile strike on a central Ukrainian city has killed at least 14 people, including six children, Ukrainian officials said. The strike came as US and European leaders pressed Russia to accept a ceasefire in the conflict.